Popular Posts

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Remembering the Reason

I don't know if it's because I'm a writer and it's my job to dramatize and add meaning to things that aren't there but I had some kind of moment today, some message from somewhere. Be it some biological resemblance that resides in like minds; stimulated across years and plains, or an angel whispering in my ear. I was reminded of something, reminded that you can take misfortunes many different ways, that you can choose to take your life in any direction. It's not about successful, rich or famous, it's about how you make people feel. How you can change the tide of a persons life with a couple words. Remind a person that there is so much you can go through in your life, and you can take it positive or negative. This quote sent shivers down my spine tonight, it was after an accident including one of the troubled characters, caused by this stories version of what most people would call an angel; weird I know. They accompanied him on his ride to the hospital, one of them said “A lil physical damage is good every once in a while, reminds you that when you feel like god, you are only human.” Before my accident that's how I felt, untouchable. After my accident I feel anything but. I do know though had it not been for the past few years of my life I would not be the person I am today. As flawed as I might be, I feel like I can make a difference. Make things a lil' better maybe not for you and me, but for our children or our grand children.

No comments:

Post a Comment